Skip to main content

Motivation : Paula Claycomb

Though I do not always comment on colleagues' submissions, and do not submit anything very frequently, I greatly appreciate the XUNICEF weekly digest.  I love seeing new names amongst the weekly submissions and often wonder why so few of us respond to repeated invitations to chime in. After all, with such a large readership -- over 1,000 -- surely more than 30 or 40 of us have something to offer, if only once or twice a year.

I, for one, enjoy reading your poems and admiring your photos. Occasionally I will chuckle out loud over a joke. I share in everyone's pain over the terrible abuse of children's rights in far too many countries. I respect the OpEds and essays that you write. I fear, as many of you do, for our planet's future. And I love knowing that our UNICEF family, collectively and individually continues to live full, rich lives beyond retirement or separation. 

Please, if ever you have thought about sending something to our small but mighty group of dedicated editors, but have not mustered the energy to do so, know that from my small town in northern New Mexico, USA, I will read what you send with great pleasure and interest.

-- Paula Claycomb

Comments

  1. Lovely words Paula. Thanks so much…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in retirement we keep busy with many responsibilities but this is a reminder that we should read and also contribute.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good initiative Paula. We need more motivational approaches to encourage our 1000 plus constituents to contribute original materials to our XUNICEF blog. There is no better or practical way to maintain our fellowship and camaraderie among the former UNICEF staffers. Besides, we are also spread out in more than 100 countries and probably many hundreds of localities, so it should be of interest to read about where and how each of us is spending their retirement. From the little we have published in the past five years, it is apparent that many unknown talents and interests have been discovered and shared. We are certain there are so many more that are still to be published. All such contributions can only strengthen our XUNICEF network . Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please ensure you leave your name, bei either selecting your google account (if you have one), or selecting 'name' from the drop down menu. Enter your name there. If confused, leave your name in the text of your comment.