Skip to main content

Let's share our knowledge and experience based on our practical work at the field level: Baquer Namazi

Editor's Note: Baquer is referring to the mini-reunion in Washington, D.C. and the suggestion by Sheila Barry Tacon for XUNICEF members to share more of their experiences at field level.

Dear Friends,

I would like to follow up on the good suggestion made by Sheila Tacon kindly shared with all of you on news and views. She had the splendid idea for us to share our knowledge and experience based on our practical work at the field level. We all know well that knowledge based on practice, particularly those tested as success cases, are the most valuable pioneering efforts to be shared widely.

I am confident that most of you, committed to the noble cause of child protection have much to offer. In this light I want to make an earnest request to Sheela to get us started with her offer to share her experiences on empowerment of women. We have many outstanding women leaders, such as Mary Racelis and Misrak Elias, who have, because of their valuable contributions, won widespread respect and admiration.

I want to recall the request made by several of my young civil society activist friends. They stressed it was the duty of the older generation, especially those who had the opportunity working at national and international levels to share their experiences, including not only success stories but failures too.

I am on the verge of completing my memoirs, which I hope will respond to their request, among other objectives,

With may best wishes. Baquer

Comments