Article shared by Sree Gururaja
I found this article written by journalist Pallavi Iyer worth reading. Besides being well written, its descriptive narrative, reminds you of comparative anthropology . I found it interesting how medieval religious rituals/ festivals were still relevant to society in modern Spain.
For your reading!
Sree
Click here for the article
Excerpt:
"Semana santa is heady stuff. I’d never imagined a brew with ingredients that included pagan roots, Catholic theology, Muharram-style flagellation, Ganesh Chaturthi-reminiscent processions, and outfits resonant of both Japanese construction workers and the Ku Klux Clan!
But the true marvel of the evening in Zafra was the accompanying music: a haunting mix of brass and drums."

Comments
Post a Comment
Please ensure you leave your name, bei either selecting your google account (if you have one), or selecting 'name' from the drop down menu. Enter your name there. If confused, leave your name in the text of your comment.