Skip to main content

Books - My University of the World by Neill McKee



My travel memoir, My University of the World: Adventures of an International Film & Media Maker, has been recognized as a Distinguished Favorite in the career category by Independent Press Awards. 

The story first covers my years (1970-1987) as a filmmaker with Canadian University Service Overseas (CUSO) and Canada's International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the trials and tribulations of travels through Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Then, I tell how completing a master's in Communication led me to join UNICEF as a multimedia producer and team leader in Bangladesh and Africa during the 1990s; followed by eight years with Johns Hopkins University, based in Baltimore and Moscow, Russia. Finally, from 2008 to 2012, I worked for AED/FHI360 in Washington, D.C. where I became the director of a large global communication project (140 staff and millions of $ to program properly in a short time). I also included over 200 images, and personal stories such as my engagement to Elizabeth in Japan and our humorous marriage in Africa, her artistic creations, raising children, family life, and the wonderful people I worked with and we met on our many journeys and sojourns.

My memoir is available in ebook and hardcover (in color), paperback (B&W) through Amazon, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Indigo (in Canada), etc., and can be ordered through most independent bookstores and libraries. See links to places to buy, a full description, reviews, and blog posts & interviews, on this link: https://www.neillmckeeauthor.com/my-university-of-the-world







Comments