Skip to main content

Missing You - I just lost a great friend: Sam Koo



I just lost a great friend.

Marco Vianello-Chiodo (1932 - 2023) was my boss and friend at Unicef and the United Nations. Our friendship continued after he retired from the UN in 1995.

A tall man of integrity, honesty, humor, and great warmth, the Venice-born Marco hosted us repeatedly at his sumptuous apartment in London and the mountaintop villa just outside of Cetona in Tuscany. We had almost weekly exchanges via Whatsapp and email. Only a few weeks ago, we agreed to meet again in Tuscany in early October.

During my Unicef years, we traveled together to many places including Gaborone (Botswana), Guatemala, Rio, Rome, Geneva, Oxford, Moscow and Seoul.

I will miss him.

Rest in peace Marco.

Sam Koo

Comments

  1. May he Rest in Peace! Condolences to his lovedones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please ensure you leave your name, bei either selecting your google account (if you have one), or selecting 'name' from the drop down menu. Enter your name there. If confused, leave your name in the text of your comment.