Skip to main content

Comments We Received from 22 to 29 October 2022



@Thomas Hae(ä)ttenschwiller: It's a deal! But how can I be sure that your dinars are real?
6 hours ago
The foreseen dangers would be regressive in countries such as India. Regrettably, the immunisation coverage is uneven and lower then 60%. As the article points out the pandemic disrupted primary health services and diverted resources of staff and equipment. Therefore, UNICEF needs to continue its support and advocacy to immunization and renew its relationship with Rotary International and other donors. Sree
Fouad, outstanding collection as always! thanks for sharing. Sree
Thank you Kul for reminding us of the long drawn anguish, pain and sufferings of the deprived minority. There is need to raise the cost of impunity practiced by the military rulers. And more global awareness culminated in outrage followed with action by the international community to end this untenable situation And thank you for your heart warming messages about the ordeal of my son Siamak Baquer NAMAZI
I'll take you up on your NFT offer of sale, Detlef, if you will accept as payment a stack of Yugoslav dinars in 50,000,000,000 denominations stored somewhere in the attic for just the steal of a deal like this. Now, in which box in the gloom did I store them?
Thanks for the comments and encouragement. Yes, I will write about another adventure soon.
Thanks Gianni- let us remember that we are blessed with our pension which keeps us empowered and worry- free. But, our positivity gets disrupted and a sense disappointment creeps in- i cogitate if our efforts as Unicef and the UN made a lasting impact on human lives? Everyday we read and see images of the deprived and disadvantaged, man made and natural disasters and children continue to suffer. Discrimination has in fact been exacerbated against girls, women, minorities, the poor and …,…and I am not confident if things will change much in my lifetime and hope there is a better future for my children and grandchildren. Sree
Thanks, Gianni, for reminding us that we need to understand what brings us joy and happiness, and then to pursue relevant activities to achieve this. I think in retirement it is especially important to have family and friends with whom to share your thoughts and experiences. And writing your stories is a good way to enjoy memories and keep occupied.
Richard commented on "10 Questions: Jesper Morch"
Oct 23, 2022
I fully agree with Bernt ... Jesper's combination of realism and idealism for children today is resonant and refreshing. Thank you, Jesper. And thanks for the pointer to Icelandic literature!
Absolutely fascinating with beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing Horst ! Where else have you traveled to more such exotic places?? Do share your memories!!!!!
Oct 22, 2022
What a super selection? I enjoyed the music and the video very much. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 22, 2022
You are a very wise man, Jesper. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
What a story... and, great pictures! 60 years ago, you beat me with 20 years on this one! (Why is a robot asking me to prove I am not a robot)
Oct 22, 2022
What a fascinating trip down memory lane. Great pictures too. Thanks for sharing with us.
My friend Detlef is auctioning his NFT For Euros 20,000 how can that be ? It is a quite bargain for all to see. In a few days the price will be down to free Or climb to thirty thousand and thirty three. The difference is large as a sea, But that is as normal as can be. His portrait, missing left fingers, Oh Gee! Will still be worth a sizable fee. Whether it is Gaby or Detlef on his knee, It is definitely debatable for me, The important thing that is key, Is the drawing a She or a He ??
Muchas Grazias Amigo, for reminding us of the "Great Days" when the world was in a much nicer state (despite the fact the Glen Miller became famous during the World War) and when music that was played and danced to, was of a quite different quality. Look at the people in the ball room..they even appear different from what one would find in today's dance halls. Nice memories indeed ! Hope you and the family are well.
To Horst: Should you buy a UNICEF NFT, you can make a printout of the NFT and hang it on the wall - but it is only one of many images that may have been produced from it - just like a poster of Mona Lisa. The original NFT is just a tone of code in cyberspace, looking something like: /img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg_5vMg9KivAM78B4EM8hBfBXcTK647NmmEFyQABZfSrHVrrRLyvnfJyPo4z1N2vp02vlclINtdMQBVtAinNNYsc1IG359ylNCK7KlR7E9ZU_m9W4N4M6gJMApI2tqaN6-YjTnHvcboRf4uBx2UyiKXx73Rvw5ArVydiofwtFC4IliewTbzsth8pLJLrM7ej3/s4032/etc etc Should you buy my NFT, you can hang it on the wall and show it to your visitors. It will be the real ting, just like the Mona Lisa in the Louvre.
Ken Gibbs commented on "My Non Fungible Token : Detlef Palm"
Oct 22, 2022
I commend you on your artistry which clearly shows that both you and I work with machines. In your case, your left hand seems to display only three fingers, so I am wondering which machine managed to remove the fourth one ? Caught between the fan belt and pulley, was it ? Happily, in my case, and despite some experiments with certain chemicals, I still maintain a full complement of fingers on both hands albeit with some scarring. Now here is the problem that you might have with the value of your artistic NFT: If I were to use tracing paper to make a near exact copy but I were to put four fingers on the left hand, then I have proof-positive that my ‘sketch’ it is NOT your NFT. True, this is plagiarism on my part but . . . . . can your NFT maintain its value with scammers like me around ? I doubt it. Thus, you may need to rely on the UNJSPF for your income stream, for the present.
Great trip and great photos! I see you travelled in a Jeep CJ5 - great choice!

Comments