Skip to main content

I'm Held Hostage in Iran : Siamak Namazi / NY Times / Kul Gautam

My full solidarity with this heartfelt message to the Biden administration by Siamak Namazi from Tehran's notorious Evin prison. His father and our dear former UNICEF colleague, the 85-year-old Baquer Namazi, is also held hostage in Iran. Cynical & despicable brutality by the Iranian government. Inadequate efforts by the US government and international community to secure their release.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/29/opinion/iran-prisoners-detained-americans.html


Comments

  1. Dear Kul
    I know not how to thank you for your empathy, your continuous support and assistance to my family and myself.
    Siamak's article says it all

    Thanks again and God bless your very kind heart
    Baquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Baquer Jaan,
    I am deeply saddened. I hope this situation comes to an end and soon.
    Holding you and your family in my heart!
    Nuzhat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad reminder of what Baquer and Siamak have suffered.
    I continue to hold both in my heart and prayers.
    I have been reading about the poverty of empathy that we have in the United States but also how exhausting it is to give a damn (John Pavlovitz). The bravery of father & son in the face of such injustice provides energy to continue our battles for justice and sanity in a world that seems to be self destructing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are a member of XUNICEF, you can comment directly on a post. Or, send your comments to us at xunicef.news.views@gmail.com and we will publish them for you.