Skip to main content

Horst Rüttinger, RIP : Horst Cerni

 



I just received the sad news that our former colleague Horst Rüttinger has passed away on 28 Nov in Heidelberg, Germany. He is survived by his wife Doris and two daughters.

Horst was a wonderful friend and colleague and always helpful.

He will be very much missed.

Horst Cerni.


Condolences may be sent to:

Doris Rüttinger (spouse)

Sickingenstr. 20
69126 Heidelberg
Germany

Tel.: 06221 39 35 83
e-mail hd.ruettinger@t-online.de


Dear Horst,


My mother asked me to send you the sad news that my father passed away on November 28th, 2020.

He has struggled with so many illnesses in the past few years and kept getting upset. Now he has lost the fight.

We all who knew him know what a great person he was and will miss him infinitely.

If you are still in contact with mutual UNICEF friends / acquaintances, then I would be happy if you could convey the sad news to you.


We remain with warm regards 


the Rüttingers. Above all, my mother Doris

Susanne Rüttinger

Comments

  1. Very sad news. We only met once in person, and he left a deep impression with me. Upon my entry into retirement, he greatly helped me to negotiate the German bureaucracy. He was a gentleman and a good friend. May his soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great loss for all of us who knew him. I met Horst when he visited our offices in many countries - always enormous help, practical and with a smile and friendly word.

    I recall one visit to a sub-office I managed in Bangladesh. After he had inspected our small fleet of vehicles, I asked Horst whether we needed to order some parts as a stockpile. He thought and then said, "Only one - padlocks".

    "Padlocks", I said. "Why?" "Well, he said. Your drivers seem to feel that their job every morning involves opening the hood and messing around with whatever they can find in there. If you lock the hoods and give the keys only to the mechanic, you will have a lot fewer problems with your vehicles."

    May he rest in peace and good humor. Deep sympathy to his family on this loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this. Our condolences to the bereaved family and friends. We came to know him in the early eighties when he visited the Wau Water Project in Southern Sudan. A true gentleman! He was the first to come with basket full of vegetables and fruits, which was a rare treat in Wau in those days. May his soul rest in peace. Bijaya and Gabriele

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are a member of XUNICEF, you can comment directly on a post. Or, send your comments to us at xunicef.news.views@gmail.com and we will publish them for you.