Skip to main content

Steve Umemoto: Manou - Could those who knew him best prepare an account?

I've noted that I did not have the good fortune to work closely with Manou even though our careers in UNICEF overlapped by perhaps 25 years or more. In all those years, I had this hint that he was someone special and as I read your beautiful recollections and tributes, I realise that my hunch was correct, and regret all the more not having had the opportunity to interact much more with Manou and to form a bond like each of you.

I wonder if there might be some way that among those who knew and loved Manou best, you could bring your recollections, thoughts and feelings together in an account of Manou in UNICEF, and Manou as an inspiration and as a friend. This to share with all as a model for what it is to be part of UNICEF and for some archives of the very best of UNICEF.

Just a thought, Steve


Hello Steve, a wonderful idea that some of us have also been contemplating....will revert when clearer. Cheers, Fouad

Comments